Click on the resources tab for an application to become Rockland County Basketball Official
Our purpose is to unite in one organization all approved and registered basketball officials residing in Rockland County as a local board of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (“IAABO Board #45) and New York State Girls Basketball Officials Association (NYSGBOA)
- To promote the game of basketball as a wholesome form of recreation for its players, coaches, and officials, providing a vehicle for the development of character, good sportsmanship, and citizenship.
- To maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating.
- To study the administration and revision of rules, particularly from the standpoint of the officials
- To encourage the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship
- To promote the uniform interpretation and administration of the official basketball rules by all officials within this territory
- To have available at all times an adequate number of thoroughly trained and capable officials
- To cooperate with all organizations officially connected with the game of basketball in furthering its interests and ideals